Absentee Ballot Information

Voting by Absentee Ballot is available for any election, primary or referendum. It is not possible to vote at Town Meeting by Absentee Ballot.

You may vote by Absentee Ballot if you:

  • Are ill or physically disabled.
  • Are serving in the military.
  • Will be out of town during election hours.
  • Are providing service as poll worker in a polling place other than your own.
  • Observe a religion which forbids secular activity on election day.

You can obtain an Application at any Town Clerk's Office or download one on this site. An Application may be obtained for your use by a relative or caregiver. This Application may be returned by mail or in person to the Town Clerk at:

Town Clerk
Town of Bridgewater
P.O. Box 216
Bridgewater, CT 06752

When the Application is processed, you will receive your Ballot. To cast the Ballot, mark the Ballot Card and return it to the Town Clerk's Office by mail or in person. If the Absentee Ballots are ready, this entire process can be completed in one trip to the Town Clerk's office.

In some special cases, a Referendum may be held with less than three weeks notice. In this case only, use the Application Form for Referendum With Less Than 3 Weeks Notice.

Only in case of unforeseen illness or physical disability occurring with 6 days before the close of polls at any election, primary, or referendum, or if you are a patient in a hospital within the 6 day period, you may use the Emergency Application for Absentee Ballot.